Free wifi is one of the most important things to make a holiday rewarding according to a survey carried out by an online travel agent, Ebookers.com.
51% of the UK cited free wifi as being as important as a beautiful view to in making their holiday rewarding.
Top 10 areas identified to make a holiday more rewarding:
1. Free room upgrade on arrival (55%)
2. Beautiful views from your bed (51%)
3. Free wifi (51%)
4. Treats in the room on arrival (43%)
5. Free breakfast in bed (30%)
6. Bespoke gifts in your room on arrival (28%)
7. A complimentary cocktail on arrival (26%)
8. Bespoke robe and slippers in your room (25%)
9. A VIP experience where a limo will collect you from the airport (22.30%)
10. A hotel that will get you deals and VIP treatment at local restaurants bars and clubs (21%)
Check out the Tourism Intelligence Scotland guide Knowing our Markets which has been produced using a wide range of industry intelligence; both formal research from VisitScotland, VisitBritain, ABTA and others; and a selection of industry and news reports.
The TIS website can also help you learn more about how to use the internet and social media to really help your business Shine Online.